Ok, so here’s the problem. I have zero energy. None. I guess I’ve forever been fueled by M&Ms. To combat the persistent resistance to get out of bed, I polled several girlfriends who were enjoying their kick-ass activities in their respective parts of the world about what they do to get energy when they can’t pump sugar. Here’s the short list.
1. Sex. In the morning, the anticipation of it, and at night. Apparently sex tops the list anytime.
2. Fight. Engage in a stimulating discussion. Especially when it leads to point number 1.
3. Rock. Crank up the stereo, roll up the windows and yell it out about “Living on a Prayer.”
4. Run. Chase the dog up to the end of the street.
5. Flirt. Nothing like harmless instant gratification from the opposite sex.
6. Nap. If all else fails, just do it. Edison did it. Ronald Reagan did it. And they did just fine. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Now the trick is to implement these and see what really works best.
Moral: Don’t work too hard at it. After all, the idea is to get energized…